Pasta is definitely an easy plan for Monday but pasta every week isn’t great for your body. But spaghetti squash on the other hand is perfect. It’s easy to prepare and it takes on the essence of whatever else you are using. For this week’s meal I decided to jazz up this non-pasta pasta with roasted veggies and a truckload of savory goodness!
- Eggplant (I used Chinese eggplant)
- Spaghetti squash – one serves 2-3 people
- Tomatoes (sliced or halved if using cherry tomatoes)
- Onions (sliced)
- Italian seasoning (generous sprinkling)
- Olive oil
- Garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from one lemon
- Veggie stock 1/4 to 1/2 c
- Fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- Drizzle olive oil on tomatoes and eggplant
- Generously sprinkle dried spices and toss so that everything is coated
- Roast veggies for 35-40 minutes at 375°. Set aside
- Roast or microwave squash. Roast by halving squash removing seeds and placing in a 400° oven for 40 minutes. Let cool until it can be handled. Use fork to gently remove pasta. Set aside. If you want to microwave- halved the squash, remove seeds and place in a microwave safe dish face down filled with one inch of water. Cook for about 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- In a pan saute onions and minced garlic add broth, lemon, juice, wine and a pinch of salt. Reduce by half.
- Toss with roasted veggies.
- Plate on top of squash.
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Gobble up.