Yo. It’s cold out. Brick, some of us would say.
Freezing. Bitter. Glacial. Siberian.
On days this cold soup or stew is my go-to meal. But I’m trying to expand my horizons. Enlightenment and all that yada yada. So I did a little digging and found a recipe for Cauliflower Steaks. Perfect comfort food fix without getting unhealthy!
Thanks to dinnerwasdelicious.com for the yummy recipe.
Garlicky Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon and Parsley
inspired by our dear friend Rachel Humphrey
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Parsley, finely chopped
- I handful of fresh Sage chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- Juice and Zest of ½ Lemon
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with tinfoil or a silicone liner to save yourself a few minutes of scrubbing.
- Remove the leaves from the Cauliflower and try to not damage too much of the stem. Thoroughly rinse, and then slice the Cauliflower into ½ inch slices. At the ends, you will have odd bits that are a little less pretty, and that’s okay. They get extra caramelized and taste great.
- In a large bowl combine Olive Oil, Parsley, Garlic, Lemon Juice and Zest, Paprika, and a small pinch of Salt. Carefully toss the Cauliflower in this mixture and arrange in one even layer on the cookie sheet. If you have extra of the marinade/mixture/stuff, slather it on top of everything once its on the tray.
- Roast in the oven (obviously) for about 15 minutes, or until things are golden brown and crispy on the edges.
These paired deliciously with mashed sweet potatoes seasoned with fresh rosemary and thyme. To make the seasoning extra come alive I gently sauteed the spices in a pan with 1/2 t olive oil to bring out the oil/fragrance, chopped them up and added to the sweet potatoes.
Roast some green beans with a drizzle of balsamic!