This Meatless Monday dish is a plate full of sides. Good sides are the best part of a meal, so I decided to make them the star. There’s a good chance you have everything but the chick pea mash in the fridge. In addition to the mash I steamed some green beans and carrots, made some wild rice and whipped up a tomato cucumber scallion salad with a homemade Dijon dressing. Last but not least I sautéed kale with lots of lemon juice and onion.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- chickpeas (one can)
- horseradish (minced) one heaping teaspoon
- tahini- one teaspoon
- garlic – 2 cloves minced
- jalapeno pepper (fresh) – minced
- juice from one lemon
- olive oil – one teaspoon
- In a pot heat oil and add horseradish, garlic and pepper. Stir for two minutes.
- Add chickpeas (including liquid)
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes mash the beans with a potato ricer or fork. Keep the consistency chunky.
- Turn the heat to medium and reduce all the liquid.
- Serve immediately
The mash was relish with a dash of hot sauce!!!