Today was rainy and chilly. I love a warm meal on a cold evening. But it doesn’t have to be loaded down with things that aren’t good for you. I took a variety of cubed squashes and golden beets tossed them with greens and some homemade dressing and had a great dinner that was satisfying.
- Mix of your favorite root veggies – I used butternut, rutabaga, parsnip, carrot and golden beet
- Olive Oil mister (
- Fresh spices your choice (I used sage and thyme)
- Salt & fresh black pepper
- Salad greens- (use the beet greens too! )
- This is my basic salad dressing recipe and I love it.
- Olive oil
- Quality balsamic
- Dash of honey
- Dollop of dijon mustard
- Splash of soy sauce (this is the secret umami ingredient)
- Blend or whisk everything*
* To save time I make my salad dressing in my wooden salad bowl and then toss with everything. I also cuts down on having to wash one more thing. I know. Lazy yogi.
** Rub a clove of garlic around the wooden salad bowl a few times for some flavor. (I learned this from a now cancelled cooking show Master Chef)
Happy Meatless Monday!!