I had kale, chickpeas and onions and a jar of tahini dressing I scored from Food 52.
May I present one of the easiest weeknight dinners.
- Chickpeas – one can
- Kale – 3/4 lb finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves minced
- Red onion – thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup liquid (your choice I used lemon juice and veggie broth)
- Olive oil
- Cumin – large pinch
- Dried coriander or cilantro (really whatever is handy)
- Lemon juice – one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare chickpeas in pot. Add cumin, a smidge (splash) of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cook chickpeas until liquid is almost gone.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Sauté garlic, cilantro and onions until translucent.
- Add kale, liquid and sauté until kale is cooked through.
- Toss with chickpeas.
- Garnish with dollop of tahini dressing
Easy and tasty. It’s not a huge meal, but after the holidays it’s nice to have a light, warm meal.
Hope you enjoy!