Happy Meatless Monday!!! I saw a recipe on MindBodyGreen for a warm kale quinoa salad and was inspired to mix it up and do my own!
Squash is a delicious, satisfying comfort food; combined with kale, quinoa and warm spices it makes a perfect meatless meal.
This recipe is simple and makes a perfect Tuesday lunch.
- Butternut squash (cubed)
- Kale one pound roughly (chopped)
- Onion – one medium (diced)
- Peppers (your choice) chopped
- Garlic – minced
- Lemon – juiced
- Veggie broth – 1/4 cup
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika – 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger – one tablespoon (grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quinoa- one cup cooked
- Place squash on a cookie sheet- dust with paprika, cumin and coat with olive oil.
- Roast squash at 350° for 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté onions and garlic over medium heat until translucent.
- Add peppers and sauté for another five minutes.
- Add kale, ginger, lemon juice and broth. Sauté for another eight minutes until kale is tender.
- Toss squash, quinoa and kale in a bowl.