A good stir fry is an easy meal. Grab what’s in the fridge and toss it in a pan! Green beans are great in a stir fry. The trick is to make sure they are steamed for a few minutes before they hit the pan. They stay crisp and soak up flavor.
- green beans 1/2 lb
- onion roughly chopped
- shitake mushrooms 1 c sliced
- fresh garlic minced 2 cloves
- fresh ginger 1 T
- scallions chopped 3 stalks
- sesame oil 2 T
- soy sauce (or Tamari) 2 T
- veggie stock 1/4 c
- water 2 T
- juice from one lemon
- Steam green beans for 2 minutes (you can also blanch them if steaming isn’t for you).
- Set green beans aside.
- Begin to saute the onions and garlic in a pan with the oil stir for two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ginger and saute for three more minutes.
- Add the stock and soy sauce. Cook for three minutes until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add the green beans and scallions.
- Add water (if necessary).
- Add lemon juice.
- Cook for two more minutes and serve!
What’s in your favorite stir fry?