Meditation may seem intimidating if you’ve never done it before. Here are three tips to get you started:
1. Just try- don’t worry about being perfect, or getting it. The act of being still, even for a few minutes will benefit you.
2. Get comfortable. Sit in a chair or on the floor. You can also lay on your back, but don’t get in bed. Remember the point is to relax, not sleep!
3. Have no expectations.
Included is a recording that guides you through a brief session. The audio is nine minutes long from start to finish.
Give yourself a break and woosah!
This meditation is perfect:
- First thing in the morning
- When you need a midday break at work
- When you are feeling stressed
- After work
- Before bed (but not in bed)
*Do not listen to this while you are driving, walking, biking or using any other vehicle.