It’s my favorite time of year. Not just because I can zip around on my bike without a balaclava but because summer veggies make dinner easy and delicious. Gazpacho is refreshing dinner that can double as lunch the next day. Though traditionally made with tomatoes I decided to green it up a bit with tomatillos and cucumbers.
Whaaaaat? So good. So healthy.
- Cucumbers- 3 roughly chopped
- Green bell pepper- 1 roughly chopped
- Green chiles- 2 chopped
- Tomatillos – 4 medium
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Shallots- 2
- Lime- 2 juiced
- Mint- one bunch
- Broth- 1/2 (I used veggie)
- Balsamic vinegar (use a higher quality if you’ve got it- definitely can taste the difference)- 2 tablespoons
- Cilantro- one bunch
- Black pepper
- Coarse sea salt- Maldon is my fave
*Optional 1/2 cup of white wine in place of 1/2 cup of broth
- In a food processor or vitamix blend the veggies, mint, cilantro, balsamic, lime juice. (You’ll have to do this in batches as it won’t all fit.)
- Once one batch is done pour into a large soup serving bowl- if the soup is more smoothie like- add more liquid…
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes
- Stir before serving- I garnished with mango and cilantro- but whatever floats your boat will do just fine!
- Serve with salad!
What are some of your favorite cold soup recipes? I’m always looking for new ones!!