I don’t give up on much. It’s a gift and a curse. After feeling deflated over some awful carrot pulp muffins, I decided to go back to the proverbial drawing board.
*James Brown voice* Hey! Let me jump back!
I do love my precious pup but allowing her to be the only beneficiary of juice pulp goodness aka dog treats was not going to fly in the Mays household. This morning on my way to class I thought, carrot veggie patties!!
- pulp from carrots, apple and ginger
- fresh garlic – one clove or two minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- one teaspoon cumin
- one teaspoon smoked paprika
- one teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice from one lemon
- one tablespoon whole wheat flour
- one tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together (I chopped and mixed, but if you are so inclined through the whole thing into a food processor. Pulse a few times)
- Form firm patties
- In a pan that’s been heated over medium heat, and sprayed with non-stick spray cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm on a bed of greens or on a seven grain roll.
Now these were a so, so, so good. Did I mention that these were good? I will definitely make them again. May even try and freeze a few uncooked.
I’d even omit the flour next time, the awesome thing about pulp is that it’s already perfect for patties. For some interesting texture I might add peas, chickpeas or even some crushed almonds. Raisins would be cool too. You could vary the spices and as well.
Smaller patties make great little sliders for a party!
Oh the possibilities.
This is yoga. And it’s delicious, yummy and scrumdiddlyumptious.